Monday 15 July 2013

MGM

MGM is a film studio in America, we all probably know their most famous film 'Wizard of Oz.' MGM offered me an audition for the lead boy role in a remake of a famous horror film (Shhhh, top secret). For the audition, I was sent over a script and I had to learn it 'off script.' I did the three scenes and then sent it back to my agent who gave me feedback. 

TV drama and films are very different from West End and Panto, mainly because on stage you can interact with the audience. When doing a film/drama you have tom be 'tight' most of the time and not over act.

But back to talking about the film, I was reading for a 8-10 year old boy. The boy is generally happy go lucky in character, but  he witnesses his sister killed by an evil ghost. It is a difficult part to play and I am having a bit of trouble with an American accent.  Auditioning for a MGM film is not easy and there is a lot of pressure, They work with big movie stars and expect you to be professional, even if you are only 12 years old, you get no slack. It is fun and I enjoy it, if it ever stops being enjoyable I would stop! My mum hates taking me to London and to auditions, she sometimes makes comments about pushy parents, which can be really embarrassing, but funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment