Wednesday 17 July 2013

School

 I am home-schooled and I get to do work I want to do, rather than what the curriculum states. My mum gave me 'Animal Farm' to read, It is one of the best books I have ever read. It opened my mind to how governments try to control us and how corrupt leaders can be. I am a real fan of Karl Marx, he has given me the strength to stand up for up what I believe in. His beliefs gave me inspiration for a poem.

                              Revolution
  Karl Marx, a man of his time, born 1818 died 1883.
  Kicked out of Paris, Berlin just with strong words, well that didn't phase him.
  Came to England, bad timing though.
  The revolution didn't annoy him, helped him though.
  Helped millions with a paragraph of words.
  Had an army that he could have used.
  See Gadaffi, guns kill but words destroy.
  We need a new Karl Marx, who could it be.
  People believe the world will end by a bomb.
  But I know, it will be a bomb that has been ticking at the beat of this poem.
  The politics are here to end our time.
  Could it be right now.
  If it is, this could mean a fight!
   

It is nearly the summer holidays, my last bit of work was; 
' I have been evacuated and I had to produce a three day diary to send to a friend.' 

  
Dear Friend

  The date of this letter is the 16/07/2016; I will record a three day diary. As you know it is the start of world war 3 and this will probably be the last letter you receive from me, as I am being evacuated to Scotland. Sadly I cannot tell you where I am going just in case the French get their hands on my letter (French are the people who started all of this).

 

Diary entry17/07/2016. I am getting the overnight train, because the ferry is too dangerous. The place is over-run with French soldiers. I am very upset because I have been separated from my family.  My mum is helping with something top secret, I have no idea what it is and worse of all, my brother Sebastian was called up to join the military training course. They have changed his name to Dave Sands as Sebastian is far too French sounding.

 I am saddened to learn, that this war might never end. I may not be able to play in the streets with all my friends, or go dancing or play cricket. But I convinced, if we stand together united we can win.

 I am convinced that we will not lose this war, apparently when we get to our secret locations, we will all be given firearms lessons.  

Diary enrty18/07/2016.   I am at my location, the cottage is amazing. I am sharing a room with a boy called Peter; he is only 6 years old, but I help him. He is a lovely little American boy, he has black hair and he is part native American. We are being looked after, by a married couple called Andy  and Jacky Greekly. They own a restaurant and sometimes it can be very noisy, as they have a lot of parties, just to keep everyone’s sprits up. It seems to work most of the time, they get so drunk and are unable stand up. I have amazing fun when I can go and party, everyone is friendly.  I hope you are having just as much fun as me though.

 I must end my diary now as I think the French army men are here, I hope we meet soon.

   Yours sincerely Reuben Sands

P.S. Do not tell them my name should they enquire. You see my name is Jewish, I was named after my grandfather. I will get in a lot of trouble for not using my false name (Justin Myths).  
 
 
Hope you enjoyed reading and don't forget to comment or share :)

3 comments:

  1. I think its cool your home schooled. Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Blogger boy UK
    I have nominated your blog for the Reader Appreciation Award.

    More about this nomination is at http://sameena.kidslounge.co.uk/#post6

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is absolutely fabulous, and I loved reading Animal Farm too! Have you read 1984, also by Orwell. I think you being a Marxist is great, I'm still formulating opinions vis a vis my views on government system, but Karl Marx was undoubtedly revolutionary. Fancy doing an exchange guest post?

    ReplyDelete